Thursday, August 27, 2009

Seashells and waves


08-27-2009 I admit I cheated a bit in the fact that the seashell chocolates are pre-made by a Belgium company. I put waves complete with foam on the sides of the cake and tinted the top sand color. The cake was a Funfetti one filled with pudding in between the layers of cake. The font I also used a trick to create. In order to achieve the penmanship I desired I printed out what I wanted to say on the cake in the correct size and font on a regular piece of paper. After printing it out I used a quilting pin and punched wholes into the paper following the lines of the type while it was over a clean folded towel. Then I placed the whole punched paper onto to the cake where I wanted the font. I then sprinkled cocoa powder over the paper and used a small paint brush to ensure the cocoa went through the wholes. Removed the paper to find my outline and traced it with my desired frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment