Friday, September 18, 2009

Feeling Blue


9-18-09 This was created for a family birthday party for 9 Birthday people. I went through several designs, and finally, I just winged it after a few minor disasters with this one. What I learned: 1) ALWAYS level the bottom layer, even if you're in a hurry to get the second on the top so it doesn't stick to the pan. 2) Always make one and a half the amount of icing suggested by the pan for it's size. 3) Make sure all your ingredients are in your home before beginning the process. 4) Don't be so hard on yourself, Mrs. perfectionist, it's just cake. It's not like it's the cure for cancer... Ok, I'm still working on number 4, but I still had fun with it, and that's the important part.Though I am not happy with the top of the cake at all, I do like how the sides turned out. It was a marble cake with butter cream icing as the filling as well as the decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment